The Romanian industry is acknowledged throughout the world for designing and manufacturing the complete range of oilfield equipment covering all actual needs regarding the world-wide drilling depths and providing top technical and economic performances. A complete range of stationary onshore drilling rigs is fabricated within UPETROM 1 MAI S.A. These drilling rigs represent the result of the Romanian engineers’ research activity and meet the modern drilling requirements under the most various climate and geological conditions.
The UPETROM 1 MAI drilling rigs shall be mentioned as having a flexible structure involving more options, higher power and load capacity values, operating systems either centralized or independent.
Some of the most modern features of the UPETROM drilling rigs are the following:
DRILLING RIGS FOR OPERATION IN EXTREME ENVIRONMENT
- The rigs are designated to drilling in Arctic seas, at ambient temperatures up to – 45° C.
- These may be stored in the open, at temperatures up to -60° C.
- During summer, they can be used at ambient temperatures of max. +50° C.
- The rigs have components in blocks mounted on the ground, over which thermally insulated barracks and protection panels are mounted; the working areas are ventilated and heated by special installations, so that the temperatures in these spaces never drop below +5° C.
- The dimensions of the components allow land or railway transport.
- The rig is driven by AC, the source being the national electric mains or their own station, for the isolated areas.
- The motors driving the draw works, the rotary table and the mud pumps are with AC, with frequency variators.
- The rigs have a high degree of mechanization, being endowed with Top Drive, electronic drilling systems with digital control EDS and mechanization systems on the well bridge.
- The drilling rigs are equipped with audio / video communication system.
- The rigs meet the requirements of API spec 4F, 7K and 8C and Rostehnadzor.
DRILLING RIGS COVERING THE DRILLING DEPTH RANGE FROM 3,000 METERS DOWN TO 12,000 METERS
- Electric operation (EC) from the main system: AC-SCR-DC systems, thyristors and DC motors or AC (motors with frequency inverters).
- Diesel-electric operation (DEC): AC electric power generating sets, AC-SCR-DC systems, thyristors and DC motors or DEA (motors with frequency inverters).
- Diesel-hydraulic operation (DH): power packs (diesel engines) and hydraulic torque converters.
- Working depth up to 4,000 meters.
- Intervention for Suckerrod pump change out up to 2,000 meters stored in the derrick.
- Washing and gravel packing of well with the same unit.
- Substructures elevated working floor to (10 meters) permit the most complex blowout preventing stacks to be installed.
- Power equipment to provide operations on the working floor.